Last Updated: 2020.4.1
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect and use the following information on this website.
1. Google Analytics
2. Google Adwords
In some cases, this website and its pages may use so-called "cookies." We also allow our third-party service providers to enable cookies for their services. Cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer or other device and stored by your browser.
These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit our website.
Server Log Files
We and our third-party service providers collect server log files (including the browser type and version used, operating system used, referring URL, hostname of the accessing computer or other device, time of the server request and IP address) on our website.
2. Purposes of Use of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To improve user's experience and services on this website
- To analyze this website
- To collect statistics about use of this website or services
- To conduct marketing activities on this website
- To conduct other activities related to the above purposes
3. Lawful Basis for Processing
We process your personal data only if we are permitted by law. In most cases, we process your personal data on the following grounds.
1. Cookies that Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Marketo collect : Consent
We may process your personal data based on your consent that you have given to us.
2. Other personal data : Legitimate interests
This applies to situations in which the processing of your data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
4. How Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
The following third party providers may access personal data that we collect.
Google Analytics enable and access cookies on your computer or other device to collect information including the number of visitors to our website, where visitors have come to such website from, and the pages they visited. Our website uses Google Analytics to collect and analyze certain information to be used for analysis, auditing, research and reporting. The security and privacy policies of Google Analytics can be found at the following site.
Google Adwords places a conversion tracking cookie on your computer's hard drive (called a "conversion cookie") whenever you click on an ad delivered by Google. If you visit specific pages of our website, Google and we can track whether were forwarded to that page by clicking on an ad. These statistics tell us the total number of users who clicked on the ad delivered by Google and opened a webpage having a conversion tracking tag. Our website uses Google Adwords to collect and analyze certain information to be used for analysis, auditing, research and reporting. The security and privacy policies of Google Adwords can be found at the following site.
Marketo enable and access cookies on your computer or other device to collect information including the number of visitors to our website, where visitors have come to such website from, and the pages they visited. Our website uses Marketo to collect and analyze certain information to be used for analysis, auditing, research and reporting. The privacy policies of Marketo can be found at the following site.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for each specific purposes of use. The appropriate retention period of personal data is determined according to each purpose in view of the necessity for protection of your data.
6. Cross Border Transfer of Your Personal Data
Personal data and other information that we and third party providers collect may be transferred to and maintained on the third party providers' computers and servers located outside the countries where such third party providers are located. With respect to data transfer to the United States, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Marketo comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data when transferred to the United States.
7. Your Rights to Control Your Personal Data
1. Rights to access, rectification, deletion and restriction
With respect to the processing of personal data, you are entitled to:
- ① Request us to provide you with access to your personal data in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR,
- ② Request us to rectify your personal data in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR,
- ③ Request us to delete your personal data in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, and
- ④ Request us to restrict processing in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR.
2. Right to data portability
In accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR, you have the right to data portability if personal data about you is processed under Article 6(1)(a) or (b) of the GDPR and such processing is carried out by automated means.
3. Right to object
In accordance with Article 21(1) of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data including profiling about you conducted under Article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the GDPR, based on grounds relating to your specific situation.
In accordance with Article 21(2) of the GDPR, if personal data are used for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data about you for such marketing. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
4. Right to withdraw consent
If processing is based on your consent (Article 6(1)(a) or Article 9(2)(a) of the GDPR), you have the right to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal.
5. Right to Lodge Complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 57(1)(f) of the GDPR.
You have the right to refuse or accept cookies from this website at any time by settings in one or both of the following ways.
- On our website where the cookie consent banner is displayed, you can choose to allow or deny cookies that are not essential to the functionality of the website by clicking on the "Cookie Settings" link in the banner. But please note that if you reject cookies, you may not be able to use some of the services on this website.
9. Changes to This Policy
We may change or modify this Policy as needed and will post the updated Policy with a "Last Updated" effective date of the revisions. We recommend that you review this Policy regularly. If we make a material change to this Policy, we may post a notice on this web site separately to indicate that the policy has been updated.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions about your rights under this Policy, or other matters concerning the protection of your personal data, please contact us at the following address:
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Process Equipment Co., Ltd.
1501 Imazaike, Saijo City, Ehime, 799-1393, Japan